Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install the intermediate pipe.
- Position the catalytic converter on the intermediate pipe but do not tighten the clamp at this time.
- Connect the catalytic converter O 2 sensor electrical connectors.
- Position the exhaust manifold with a new gasket into place.
- Apply a 5 mm (0.2 inch) wide band of threadlock to the threads of the exhaust manifold bolts and install.
Tighten the exhaust manifold mounting bolts as follows:
NOTETighten the exhaust manifold bolts as specified in the service procedure. Improperly installed and/or leaking exhaust manifold gaskets may effect vehicle emissions and/or On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) II system performance.
- Step 1: Tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm). Start with the center 2 bolts and alternate side-to-side working toward the outside bolts.
- Step 2: Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Start with the center 2 bolts and alternate side-to-side working toward the outside bolts.
- Install the bank 1, sensor 1 O 2 sensor to the exhaust manifold.
- Install the spark plugs and wires.
- Install the alternator.
Install the catalytic converter to exhaust manifold nuts and tighten to:
6.0L engines 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Tighten the catalytic converter exhaust clamp to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the engine sight cover.
- Install the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.