Removal & Installation
- Remove the catalytic converter.
- Remove the transmission.
- Remove the clutch assembly.
- Mark or scribe the end of the crankshaft and the flywheel.
- Remove the flywheel bolts.
- Remove the flywheel.
- Align the mark or scribe on the crankshaft with the mark or scribe on the existing flywheel.
- Install the engine flywheel.
- Apply threadlock to the threads of the flywheel bolts.
Install the flywheel bolts until snug. Then torque the bolts in sequence as follows:
For all models equipped with a 6.0L or 6.2L Engine:
Tighten the bolts in sequence to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm)
For all models equipped with a 7.0L Engine:
Tighten the engine flywheel bolts a first pass in sequence to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm)
- For all models equipped with a 6.0L or 6.2L Engine:
- Install the clutch assembly, if equipped with a manual transmission.
- Install the transmission.
- Install the catalytic converter.