Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and remove 2 / 3 of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEDo not allow the fluid to come into contact with the front transverse spring, as damage to the spring may occur.
- Compress the pistons using a suitable tool, if necessary.
- Install or connect the following:
Caliper over the brake rotor and into the caliper mounting bracket. Make sure the shoe lining guiding surfaces are correctly seated in the bracket. Tighten the bolts to:
- 23 ft. lbs. (31 Nm) without (J56).
- 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm) with (J56).
- Brake hose inlet fitting using 2 new copper washers and the inlet fitting bolt. Torque the bolt to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Properly bleed the entire brake system.
- Check the brake fluid and add as necessary.
- Install the rear wheel.
- Connect the negative battery cable, start the engine and pump the brake pedal slowly and firmly 3 times to seat the shoe and lining assemblies.