Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install or connect the following:
Upper insulator and retainer to the shock absorber, if removed
Testing & Inspection
- Road test and inspect for proper handling.
Use your hands in order to lift up and push down each corner of the vehicle 3 times.
- Remove your hands from the vehicle.
- Does the vehicle stop bouncing after 2 cycles-
- Inspect the vehicle trim height.
- Inspect each strut or shock absorber for external fluid leakage.
If vehicle fails to perform as specified in any of the above tests, replace the shock absorbers.
NOTEA light film of oil on the top portion of the reservoir is normal.