Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Measure the transverse spring stud height to ease the installation procedure and setting the proper vehicle trim height.
NOTEImportant: During this procedure, use care not to scratch the transverse spring.
- Install a spring compressor tool J-33432-A to the spring and compress it.
- Remove the spring mounting bolts, spacers and insulators from the crossmember and control arm.
Remove the spring from the vehicle and remove the compressor tool.
Install or connect the following:
NOTEDo not remove the transverse leaf spring compressor tool until after the shock absorber has been installed. The pad on the transverse leaf spring bolt could move out of position resulting in damage to the pad or a rattle in the suspension.
Spring compressor to the transverse spring
Spring spacers, insulators and NEW mounting bolts to the crossmember and torque the bolts to 46 ft. lbs. (62 Nm)
- Adjust the trim height and place the retainers on the control arm bolts.
- Check and adjust the alignment, if needed.