Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Remove the transmission. See TRANSMISSION.
- Gradually remove the clutch cover bolts 1 to 1 1 / 2 turns at a time.
- Loosen the bolts on the clutch cover.
- Mark the relation of the clutch cover to the flywheel.
- Remove the bolts on the clutch cover.
Remove the clutch cover and the clutch disc.
- If the clutch cover is to be reused, adjustment is required on the clutch disc. See ADJUSTMENT.
- Position the clutch disc and clutch cover on the flywheel.
- Loosely install the clutch cover bolts.
- Install a universal clutch alignment tool.
- Align the clutch disc to the flywheel.
- Gradually tighten the clutch cover bolts 1 to 1 1 / 2 turns at a time.
Tighten the clutch cover bolts until all bolts are fully seated.
- Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Remove the clutch alignment tool.
- Install the transmission. See TRANSMISSION.