The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is located on the rear of the engine and attached to the throttle body, under the air cleaner housing. This sensor also houses the MAF sensor.
The IAT sensor detects the intake air temperature. According to the intake air temperature reading the PCM will control the necessary amount of fuel injection.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the vent hose.
- Disengage the lock ring that attaches the sensor to the intake by inserting a suitable tool into the locking ring and moving the tabs on the intake away from their locked position.
- Press the locking tab on the bottom right of the sensor down, using a suitable tool thereby unlocking it from the intake.
- Press the locking tab on the upper left of the sensor upward with a suitable tool, unlocking it from the intake manifold.
- Remove the sensor from the intake manifold.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Inspect the sealing ring, replace if necessary.
- Inspect the sealing ring between the air inlet and the sensor, replace if necessary.
- Inspect the locking tabs, replace if necessary.