The KS is used to detect engine vibrations caused by preignition or detonation and provides information to the PCM, which then retards the timing to eliminate detonation.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake manifold.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor retaining bolt.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the retaining bolt to 15 ft. lbs.