- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Partially drain the cooling system.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Engine cover. Grasp both corners of the engine cover and pull up firmly.
- Clean any debris or corrosion from the engine coolant temperature sensor mounting surface.
- Use a small amount of petroleum jelly to lubricate the sensor seal.
Install or connect the following:
NOTETo ease the installation of the engine cover, apply a small amount of lubricant to the engine cover rubber mounts.
Engine coolant temperature sensor and retaining clip (1)
- Refill the cooling system and connect the negative battery cable.