Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Using Special Tool 9102 or a suitable flywheel locking tool, lock the flywheel by inserting the tool in the starter opening.
Clutch if equipped
Inspect the rear crankshaft oil seal for leakage and replace if required.
- Position the flywheel/flexplate and align on the crankshaft pin.
Install the spacer and new flywheel/flexplate bolts and tighten to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm) in a crisscross pattern.
- Rotate the flywheel/flexplate bolts an additional 90° clockwise.
- Install the clutch if equipped.
- Remove Special Tool 9102 or flywheel locking tool.
- Install the starter.
- Install the transmission.