- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Remove ignition key and allow the steering wheel to lock.
- Draw off fluid from the power steering reservoir.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Lower engine mounting bolts on both sides.
- Place a jack under the left side of the engine and raise the engine about 2 inches.
Remove 3 bolts and remove the steering gear.
- Align the marks on the steering shaft with the housing cover to ensure gear is in the center position.
Install or connect the following:
Gear coupling onto the steering shaft
- Fill the power steering fluid reservoir.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.