- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the transmission fluid.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Support the transmission with a jack under the transmission oil pan rail.
Remove or disconnect:
- Ensure the torque converter is fully seated in the transmission.
Install or connect the following:
Transmission. Torque the mounting bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (38 Nm).
- Fill the transmission to the correct level.
- Start engine and check for proper transmission operation.