Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove the right side air inlet tube.
CAUTIONThe accessory drive belt tensioner pulley is spring loaded and can injure hands and fingers if allowed to spring back.
Remove the accessory drive belt from the alternator pulley.
- Pull the tensioning pulley in a counter clockwise direction.
- Lock the tensioning pulley with a pin or slowly release the pulley after the belt is free from the area.
- Remove the upper alternator bolt (2).
- Remove the lower alternator bolt (3) and reposition the alternator to access the alternator harness connectors.
- Remove the protective plastic cap from the alternator B+ cable retaining nut (5).
- Disconnect the alternator B+ cable and the alternator harness connectors (4) from the rear of the alternator.
Remove the alternator (1).
- Connect the alternator B+ cable with the retaining nut and connect the alternator harness connector (4) and tighten the nut to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the protective plastic cap on the alternator B+ cable nut (5).
WARNINGBe sure to check proper installation on all pulleys.
Upper and lower alternator mounting bolts and torque to 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm).
Accessory drive belt