Removal & Installation
Risk of poisoning due to swallowing brake fluid. Risk of injury due to brake fluid coming into contact with the skin and eyes.
Only pour brake fluid into suitable, appropriately marked containers. Wear protective clothing and safety glasses when handling brake fluid.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Remove the lower driver side instrument panel.
Remove the illumination control module.
WARNINGAvoid contamination of interior trim and carpet with brake fluid.
- Clamp off the clutch master cylinder supply hose from the brake master cylinder reservoir.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder supply hose at the clutch master cylinder.
- Disconnect the clutch master cylinder pressure line at the clutch master cylinder and cap the line.
- Remove the clutch pedal spring, circlip, and retaining nuts.
Rotate the clutch master cylinder counter-clockwise and remove from the vehicle.
- Position the clutch master cylinder on the pedal and pivot it clockwise.
Install or connect the following:
Retaining nuts on the bracket assembly and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
Remove the clamp from the clutch master cylinder supply hose.
Illumination control module
- Bleed the hydraulic clutch system and check for proper clutch actuation.