The Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor is located on the right front cylinder head
Description & Operation
The CMP sensor is a hall effect type sensor and is used to determine when number one cylinder is on the compression stroke.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner housing.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor retaining bolt.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Inspect the sensor O-ring for damage, replace as required.
- Lubricate the O-ring with clean engine oil prior to installation.
- Tighten the retaining bolt to 71 inch lbs.