The CKP sensor generates pulses that are signals sent to the PCM. The PCM interprets these signals to determine the crankshaft position. The PCM uses this data along with other inputs to determine injector sequence and ignition timing.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner housing.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the sensor retaining bolt.
- Remove the sensor from its mounting.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the retaining bolt to 71 inch lbs (8 Nm).