Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Engine cooling fan and shroud
- Protect the crankshaft with a rag and pry out the front crankshaft oil seal with a suitable tool.
Remove any burrs from the seal-s mounting surface.
- The circumference and the sealing lip of the front crankshaft oil seal and its mating surface MUST be free of oil and grease.
- Fit the front crankshaft oil seal onto the Special Tool 9103 or a suitable crankshaft seal driver.
- Install the vibration damper.
Install or connect the following:
Accessory drive belt
- Start the engine and check for leaks.