Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Using Special Tool 9102 or a suitable flywheel locking tool, lock the flywheel by inserting the tool in the starter opening.
Clutch if equipped
Inspect the rear crankshaft oil seal for leakage and replace if required.
New flywheel bolts must be used.
- Position the flywheel and align on the crankshaft pin.
Install the spacer and new flywheel bolts and tighten to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm) in a crisscross pattern.
- Rotate the flywheel bolts an additional 90° clockwise.
- Install the clutch if equipped.
- Remove Special Tool 9102 or flywheel locking tool.
- Install the starter.
- Install the transmission.