Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Use a .63 inch (16 mm) drift to drive out the rocker shaft from the bearing bridge. If resistance is present, heat the bridge to ease removal.
Remove the rocker arms after marking them for reinstallation reference.
- Place rocker arms in their correct locations.
- Tap the rocker arm shaft into the bearing bridge using a mallet. Ensure the rocker arms are straight.
- Insert two camshaft bearing bridge bolts to secure the shaft. The oil supply holes in the shaft point downward toward the cylinder head.
- Install the camshaft bearing caps and cylinder head. See Cylinder Head and Camshaft.
- Connect negative battery cable.