Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
NOTEThe vehicle must be sitting on its wheels when removing the upper shock mount nut.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Support the lower control arm on a floor jack. Raise until almost level.
- Compress the spring using special tools 9151 and 9152 or equivalent.
- Remove the lower control arm mounting nuts and bolts.
- Lower the jack while holding the spring. When enough clearance is obtained, remove the spring.
- Install the coil spring and raise the control arm into position.
Install or connect the following:
Lower control arm bolts and nuts