Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Stabilizer bar brackets on both sides
Assemble the stabilizer bushings onto the bar.
NOTEThe lower control arms may have to be raised to allow the stabilizer bar bushings to be inserted into their mating surfaces.
- Install the stabilizer bar by loosely installing the bolts and nuts to all 4 brackets.
- Align the stabilizer bar so it is centered in the vehicle.
- Due to the preload of the bracket, install the hexagon bolt first.
- Tighten both stabilizer bolts to the frame.
- Tighten the hexagon socket bolts to the retainer.
- Tighten both bar bracket nuts to the lower control arm. Torque the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the bar retainer and mounting plate.
- Tighten the retainer bolts to 44 ft. lbs. 60 Nm).
- Tighten the lower retainer bracket nut to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- Tighten the upper retainer nuts to 29 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).