- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the fuel pump splash shield.
- Properly drain the fuel from the tank in an approved fuel container.
- Disconnect the fuel feed hose from the bottom of the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the fuel return hose from the bottom of the fuel tank.
- Remove the cargo trim panels.
- Remove the fuel tank partition retaining bolts. Remove the partition.
- Disconnect the fuel tank level and pressure sensor connectors from the sending unit.
- Disconnect the fuel tank filler neck cup seals from the body.
- Carefully remove the fuel tank from its mounting.
- As required, remove the fuel strainer.
- Be sure to inspect the strainer and O-ring for damage. Replace defective components as necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to use new gaskets and fuel line hose, as required.
Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.