Relieve residual high pressure in the fuel system when performing any type of service that will expose you to liquid fuel.
- Remove the fuel filler cap from the fuel filler neck.
- Remove the fuel pump fuse from the relay control module located next to the PCM.
- Start and run engine until it stalls.
- Attempt restarting engine until it will no longer run.
- Turn ignition key to OFF position.
- Return the fuel pump fuse to the relay control module.
- One or more Diagnostic Trouble Codes may have been stored in PCM memory due to fuel pump fuse removal.