To remove the ignition lock cylinder the ignition switch must also be serviced.
Removal & Installation
Press out the escutcheon (2) with a suitable tool.
Pull the transponder coil (3) off the lock cylinder (2) with a plastic wedge (1).
- Push the sleeve onto the cap and turn the lock cylinder to position "1" with the key.
- Unlock the lock cylinder by turning the cap counter-clockwise through 90° and then remove.
- Spray the outside of the lock cylinder with lock cylinder grease and insert it into the cap.
- Push the key through the cap as far as the stop in the lock cylinder.
- Turn the cap clockwise approx. 90° until it can be felt or heard -lock- into position.
- Turn the key to position "0".
- Press in the escutcheon.