Removal & Installataion
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Be sure that the front wheels are in the straight ahead position.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Disable the SRS system.
NOTEDisconnect and isolate the negative battery cable to prevent accidental reconnection. Wait two minutes for the system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the supplemental restraint system.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the clockspring.
- Remove the lower instrument panel.
- Remove the screw retaining the cruise control switch to the multifunction switch.
- Remove the bracket below the cruise control switch.
- Remove the screws retaining the multifunction switch to the steering column.
- Disconnect the switch electrical connectors.
- Remove the wiring harness from the steering column.
- Remove the switch from the steering column.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Be sure to properly arm the SRS system and perform the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) verification test.