Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assembly.
- Drain a small amount of fluid from the master cylinder brake reservoir with a clean suction gun.
Remove or disconnect the following:
WARNINGDO NOT spill the brake fluid on any painted surfaces. Brake fluid can damage paint.
Caliper mounting bolts
Brake hose by rotating the caliper while holding the brake hose with a wrench
Install or connect the following:
WARNINGVerify the brake hose is not twisted or kinked before installing the caliper to the knuckle.
Rear brake pads
Caliper to the knuckle and tighten the bolts to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm)
- Fill and bleed the brake system.
Install the wheel and tire assembly.
CAUTIONDo not move the vehicle until a firm brake pedal is obtained.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal until the caliper pistons and the brake pads are seated and a firm brake pedal is achieved.
- Top off the brake fluid reservoir with new fluid if necessary, and check for leaks.