Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Drain a small amount of fluid from the master cylinder brake reservoir with a clean suction gun.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Caliper mounting bolts and remove the caliper from the knuckle
- Use a C-clamp to bottom out caliper piston.
Install or connect the following:
NOTEHold the anti-rattle clip down with your thumb while tapping the retaining clip into position.
Brake pads into the caliper by sliding them through the hole in the top of the caliper
Retaining pin through the hole in the side of the caliper and tap the pin into the caliper until it is threaded through both brake pads and over the anti-rattle clip
- Lower the vehicle.
- Pump the brake pedal until the caliper pistons and the brake pads are seated and a firm brake pedal is achieved.
- Top off the brake fluid reservoir with new fluid if necessary, and check for leaks.