Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the driveshaft.
- Drain the rear differential housing.
- Support the differential housing, using a suitable jack.
- Separate the halfshafts from the differential connecting flanges and tie them to the rear differential carrier.
- Remove the housing front mounting bolt.
- Remove the two rear housing mounting bolts.
- Carefully remove the differential housing from the vehicle.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
NOTEAlways replace the self locking bolts and shims. Lightly oil the bolt at the thread and bolt head contact surfaces.
- Tighten the housing rear mounting bolts to 82 ft. lbs. Tighten the front housing mounting bolt to 33 ft. lbs.
- Be sure to fill the assembly with the proper grade and type fluid.
- Check for leaks, correct as required.