- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Remove the air cleaner housing.
- Partially drain the cooling system.
Disconnect the upper radiator hose.
NOTEThe thermostat housing and the thermostat are serviced as an assembly. The thermostat cannot be serviced separately.
Remove the thermostat housing retaining bolts and remove the thermostat and housing from the engine.
- Install the thermostat housing with a new O-ring and tighten the bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm)
- Connect the upper radiator hose.
- Fill the cooling system.
- Start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
- Recheck the coolant level and adjust as necessary.