Removal & Installation
Brake fluid contains polyglycol ethers and polyglycols. Avoid contract with eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. If brake fluid contacts eyes, flush eyes with running water for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If taken internally, drink water and induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately.
Brake fluid is harmful to painted and plastic surfaces. If brake fluid is spilled onto a painted or plastic surface, immediately wash it with water.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
NOTEPlug each port of the hydraulic control unit (HCU) to prevent brake fluid from spilling.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the HCU and torque the bolts to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm)
- Attach the HCU electrical connectors.
- Attach the brake lines to the HCU and torque the flare nuts to 11 ft. lbs. (14.5 Nm)
- Install air cleaner.
- Bleed brake system.
- Reattach negative battery cable.