The accessory drive belt tension is automatically adjusted with a spring-loaded tensioner.
Drive Belt Routings
Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Rotate the tensioner clockwise and remove the drive belt.
- Rotate the tensioner clockwise.
- Route the belt around the pulleys.
- Slowly release the tensioner.