Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Engine cooling fan and fan shroud
- Remove the crankshaft pulley with special tool 303-009 (T58P-6316-D) or a suitable puller.
- Apply sealant to the woodruff key slot on the crankshaft pulley and install within four minutes.
Use special tool 303-102 (T74P-6316-B) or a suitable installer to install the crankshaft pulley.
Install the bolt and washer. Tighten the bolt in four steps:
Tighten to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm)
- Install the drive belt.
- Install the engine cooling fan and the fan shroud.