Removal & Installation
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Rotate the inner rotor of the oil pump to align with the flats on the crankshaft and install the oil pump flush with the cylinder block. Install the 4 retaining bolts and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Clean the oil pick-up tube and replace the O-ring.
- Place the pick-up tube on the oil pump and hand start the 2 retaining bolts. Install the bolt retaining the pick-up tube to the main bearing stud spacer hand tight. Tighten the pick-up tube-to-oil pump bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm). Tighten the pick-up tube to main bearing stud spacer bolt to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
New engine oil filter
- Fill the crankcase.
- Start the engine and check for leaks and proper engine oil pressure.
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper engine operation.