Removal & Installation
Functional Lock Cylinder
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove the ignition switch lock cylinder as follows:
Insert the ignition key into the ignition switch lock cylinder and turn to the RUN position.
- Disconnect the battery.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the tilt wheel handle and shank.
- Remove the 3 screws and the lower steering column shroud.
- If equipped, position the shift selector boot aside.
Twist off the cap from the ignition lock cylinder.
- Release the tabs and slide the passive anti-theft
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the PATS transceiver.
Use a 1/8-inch diameter drill bit to drill out the lock cylinder retaining pin.
Use a 3/8-inch diameter drill to drill down the middle of the ignition lock cylinder key slot until the ignition lock cylinder breaks loose.
- Remove and discard the ignition lock cylinder and drill shavings from the steering column.
- Thoroughly clean all drill shavings from the steering column and inspect it for damage.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.