Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEPull down on the parking brake cable at the control end. Push up on the parking brake adjuster clip to lock the adjuster.
WARNINGTake care not to damage the threads on the bellcrank stud.
Parking brake rear cables and conduit retainer bolts
- Separate the Watts linkage from the rear axle housing and remove the retainer nut from the bellcrank.
Remove the bolts and the rear wheel disc brake caliper anchor plate.
CAUTIONUse additional support straps to secure the rear axle to the jack.
- Support the rear axle housing with a suitable jack.
- Remove the shock absorber lower nuts, and then remove the shock absorbers from the retainer brackets.
- Remove the nuts and bolts retaining the LH and RH lower control arms.
- Remove the nuts and bolts retaining the LH and RH upper control arms.
Unseat the air springs and lower the rear axle from the vehicle.
- Raise the rear axle into position using a suitable jack.
- Seat the air springs.
Install or connect the following:
LH and RH upper control arms and torque the bolts to 69 ft. lbs. (93 Nm)
- Remove the axle jack.
- Install the Watts linkage on the rear axle housing.
- Install the retainer nut on the bellcrank stud and tighten to 185 ft. lbs. (250 Nm)
- Install the rear wheel disc brake caliper anchor plate and torque the bolts to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm)
- If equipped with rear air springs, install the height sensor.
- Install the rear stabilizer bar retainer bolts and tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm)
- Connect the ABS sensor harness routing clips.
- Install the parking brake rear cables and conduit retainer bolts.
- Connect the parking brake rear cables and conduit to the parking brake cable connector.
- Pull down on parking brake cable at the control end, then pull the parking brake adjuster clip downward and release the cable.
- Push up on the parking brake adjuster clip to lock the adjuster.
- Install the drive pinion.
- If equipped with rear air springs, turn on the air suspension switch.