Removal & Installation
- Place a hoist under the rear axle housing and raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Support the frame side rails with 2 jack stands.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Rear stabilizer bar
- Lower the axle housing until the coil springs are released. If the axle housing is supported by the hoist, lower the hoist allowing the rear of the vehicle to rest on the jack stands. If the vehicle-s axle housing is supported by the jack stands, leave the hoist stationary and lower the jack stands or raise the hoist to release the tension on the coil springs.
Remove the coil springs and insulators.
Rear coil spring components:
- Lower shock bolt
- Lower shock nut
- Stabilizer bar link nut
- Stabilizer bar link bushing
- Rear spring
- Rear spring insulator
- Lateral arm bolt (2 required)
- Lateral arm nut (2 required)
- Lateral arm (2 required)
Install or connect the following:
Coil spring in the upper and lower seats with an insulator between the upper end of the spring and frame seat
- Road test the vehicle and check for proper operation.