Removal & Installation
- If equipped with air suspension, turn the air suspension service switch OFF .
- Be sure the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Support the rear axle assembly with a jack.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Rear shock absorber components:
- Lower shock bolt
- Lower shock nut
- Shock absorber assembly
- Shock washer and insulator
- Upper shock nut
Install or connect the following:
Shock absorber so the upper stud enters the hole in the frame
- Extend the shock absorber and place the lower stud through the hole in the bracket
- Bottom retaining washer and nut. Tighten to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Remove the jack from the axle assembly.
- Turn the air suspension service switch to the ON position.