The hydraulic control unit (HCU) consists of a valve body, pump, two accumulators and a motor. The assembly is mounted on the driver side inner fender under the hood.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Remove the brake lines from HCU.
- Push the harness connector locks to release the locks, then remove the connectors from the CAB.
- Remove the nuts that attach the assembly to the mounting bracket.
Remove the assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the antilock assembly into the bracket and tighten bolts to 14-15 Nm (10-12 ft. lbs.).
- Connect the CAB harnesses.
- Connect the brake lines to the HCU. Tighten brake line fittings to 19 Nm (170 in. lbs.).
- Connect battery.
- Bleed brake system.