All vehicles are equipped with a hydraulic operating linkage system that is self-adjusting. No adjustment is needed or possible.
Removal & Installation
- Raise and support vehicle.
Remove nuts attaching slave cylinder to clutch housing .
WARNINGDo not disconnect slave cylinder quick disconnect. If disconnected hydraulic linkage must be replaced.
- Remove slave cylinder from housing.
- Remove hydraulic fluid line clip from the lower dash panel flange.
- Lower vehicle.
- Remove clip holding clutch master cylinder push rod to clutch pedal.
- Slide clutch master cylinder push rod off clutch pedal pin.
- Disconnect clutch pedal position switch connector from wiring harness.
- Remove nuts holding clutch master cylinder to dash panel.
- Verify that cap on clutch master cylinder reservoir is tight to avoid undue spillage during removal.
- Remove screws attaching clutch fluid reservoir to dash panel.
- Pull clutch master cylinder from dash panel.
Remove hydraulic linkage components from vehicle as an assembly.
- Tighten cap on clutch fluid reservoir to avoid spillage during installation.
- Position cylinders, connecting lines and reservoir in vehicle.
- Insert clutch master cylinder in dash panel.
- Position reservoir on dash panel and install reservoir screws. Tighten screws to 5 Nm (40 in. lbs.).
- Install nuts that hold clutch master cylinder to dash panel. Tighten nuts to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.).
- Apply light coating of grease to the inner diameter of the master cylinder push-rod and the outer diameter of the clutch pedal pin.
- Install clutch master cylinder push rod on clutch pedal pin. Secure rod with retaining clip.
- Connect clutch pedal position switch connector to wiring harness.
- Raise vehicle.
Insert slave cylinder push rod through clutch housing opening and into release lever. Be sure end of rod is securely engaged in release lever. Check this before installing cylinder attaching nuts.
NOTEIf new clutch linkage is being installed, do not remove plastic shipping strap from the slave cylinder push rod. The strap will break on its own upon first clutch application.
- Install and tighten slave cylinder attaching nuts to 23 Nm (17 ft. lbs.).
- Install hydraulic fluid line clip into the hole in the lower dash panel flange.
- Operate the clutch pedal several times to verify proper operation of the system.