Removal & Installation
3.7L & 4.7L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Rotate the crankshaft so that the piston of the cylinder to be serviced is at Bottom Dead Center (BDC) and both valves are closed.
- Use special tool 8516 to depress the valve and remove the rocker arm.
Repeat for each rocker arm to be serviced.
NOTEKeep valvetrain components in order for reassembly.
- Rotate the crankshaft so that the piston of the cylinder to be serviced is at BDC.
- Compress the valve spring and install each rocker arm in its original position.
- Repeat for each rocker arm to be installed.
Install or connect the following:
Cylinder head cover