Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
- Remove the half shaft from vehicle.
- Remove the skid plate, if equipped.
- Clean the axle seal area.
- Remove axle shaft O-ring.
- Remove the axle shaft.
- Remove the axle shaft seal.
- Install the axle shaft bearing remover C-4660-A, or equivalent, in the bearing. Then tighten the nut to spread the remover in the bearing.
- Install the bearing remove cup, bearing and nut. Then tighten the nut to draw the bearing out.
Inspect the axle shaft tube bore for roughness and burrs. Remove as necessary.
- Wipe the axle shaft tube bore clean.
- Install the axle shaft bearing with installer 5063 and handle C-4171, or equivalent.
- Install a new axle shaft seal with installer 8402 and handle C-4171, or equivalent.
- Install the axle shaft and half shaft.