Removal & Installation
Before servicing the vehicle, please familiarize yourself with safety procedures.
NOTEThe left and right side torsion bars are NOT interchangeable. The bars are identified and stamped R or L, for right or left. The bars do not have a front or rear end and can be installed with either end facing forward.
- Raise and support the vehicle with the front suspension hanging.
Turn the adjustment bolt counterclockwise to release spring load.
NOTECount and record the number of turns for installation reference.
- Remove the adjustment bolt from swivel.
- Remove torsion bar and anchor. Remove anchor from torsion bar.
- Remove all foreign material from torsion bar mounting in anchor and suspension arm.
Inspect adjustment bolt, bearing and swivel for damage.
- Insert torsion bar ends into anchor and suspension arm.
- Position anchor and bearing in frame crossmember. Install adjustment bolt through bearing, anchor and into the swivel.
- Turn adjustment bolt clockwise the recorded amount of turns.
- Lower vehicle and adjust the front suspension height.