The Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) consists of a valve body, pump motor, low pressure accumulators, inlet valves, outlet valves and noise attenuators.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect battery negative cable.
- Remove the brake lines from HCU.
- Push the harness connector locks to release the locks, then remove the connectors from the CAB.
- Remove the nuts that attach the assembly to the mounting bracket.
Remove the assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the antilock assembly into the bracket and tighten bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Connect the CAB harnesses.
- Connect the brake lines to the HCU. Tighten brake line fittings to 170 inch lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect battery.
- Bleed brake system.