Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the brake caliper.
- Remove the rotor.
- Remove the sensor attaching bolts.
- Disconnect the wire and remove the sensor from the vehicle.
Tighten the bolts to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
NOTEUse the original or replacement sensor bolts only. The bolts are special and must not be substituted under any circumstances.
The remainder of the procedure is the reverse of removal.
- Raise the vehicle.
- Remove the brake line mounting nut, if fitted, and remove the brake line from the sensor stud.
- Remove the mounting stud from the sensor and shield.
- Remove the sensor and shield from the differential housing.
- Disconnect the wire and remove the sensor.
- Connect harness to sensor. Be sure the seal is securely in place between the sensor and wiring connector.
- Install O-ring on sensor if removed.
- Install sensor on differential; housing, sensor shield, mounting stud. Tighten to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
Install the brake line on the sensor stud and install the nut.
NOTEUse the original or replacement sensor bolt only. The bolt is special and must not be substituted.
- Lower the vehicle.