On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor.
- Remove the three screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing.
- Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the mounting screws to 17 inch lbs. (2 Nm).