- Recover the refrigerant from the refrigerant system.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the resonator from the engine.
- Remove the serpentine drive belt.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the A/C compressor clutch coil.
- Remove the nuts that secure the A/C suction line and A/C discharge line to the A/C compressor.
- Disconnect the A/C suction and discharge lines from the A/C compressor and remove and discard the O-ring seals and gaskets.
- Install plugs in, or tape over, all the opened refrigerant line fittings and the compressor ports.
- Loosen the bolt that secures the bracket to the accessory mounting bracket.
- Remove the bolts that secure the A/C compressor to the accessory mounting bracket.
Remove the A/C compressor from the engine compartment.
- Position the A/C compressor (2) onto the accessory mounting bracket (4).
Install and tighten the bolts in the following sequence:
Install bolt no. 3 and hand tighten.
- Remove the tape or plugs from the opened A/C suction line (2) and the A/C discharge line (3) and the A/C compressor (4).
Lubricate new rubber O-ring seals with clean refrigerant oil and install them and new gaskets onto the suction and the discharge line fittings.
NOTE: Use only the specified O-rings as they are made of a special material for the R-134a system. Use only refrigerant oil of the type recommended for the A/C compressor in the vehicle.
- Connect the A/C suction and discharge lines onto the A/C compressor.
- Install the nuts (1) that secure the A/C suction and discharge lines to the A/C compressor and tighten to 23 Nm (17 ft. lbs.).
- Connect the wire harness connector to the A/C compressor clutch coil.
- Install the serpentine drive belt.
- Install the resonator onto the engine.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate the refrigerant system.
- Charge the refrigerant system.