- Partially drain the cooling system.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the air filter housing assembly.
- Stop the water pump from turning with a special tool or prybar on the nuts. Loosen the fan nut (36mm). Turn CCW to loosen.
- Position the fan/fan drive assembly in the radiator shroud.
- Remove the two shroud mounting screws.
Remove the radiator shroud and fan drive assembly.
NOTEAfter removing fan blade/viscous fan drive assembly, do not place viscous fan drive in horizontal position. If stored horizontally, silicone fluid in the viscous fan drive could drain into its bearing assembly and contaminate lubricant.
Remove four bolts securing fan blade assembly to viscous fan drive.
- If drive and fan were separated, tighten the bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).
- The remainder of the installation procedure is the reverse of removal.
- If a new viscous drive has been fitted, start and run the engine at 2,000 rpm for about 2 minutes to distribute fluid within the drive.