Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Compress the caliper.
- Remove the caliper slide pin bolts.
Remove the caliper from the caliper adapter.
NOTEDo not allow brake hose to support caliper assembly.
- Support and hang the caliper.
- Remove the inboard brake pad from the caliper adapter.
- Remove the outboard brake pad from the caliper adapter.
Remove the anti-rattle clips from the pad.
- Bottom pistons in caliper bore with C-clamp. Place an old brake shoe between a C-clamp and caliper piston.
- Clean caliper mounting adapter.
- Install new anti-rattle clips to the brake pads.
- Install inboard brake pad in adapter.
- Install outboard brake pad in adapter.
- Install the caliper over rotor. Then, push the caliper onto the adapter.
- Install caliper slide pin bolts.
- Install wheel and tire assemblies and lower vehicle.
- Apply brakes several times to seat caliper pistons and brake shoes and obtain firm pedal.
- Top off master cylinder fluid level.