Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the nut from upper ball joint.
Separate upper ball joint from the steering knuckle with a ball joint tool.
WARNINGWhen installing the tool to separate the ball joint, be careful not to damage the ball joint seal.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor wire from the retaining brackets to the upper control arm.
Remove the control arm pivot bolts and nuts and remove control arm.
All suspension components should be tightened with the weight of the vehicle on them (curb height).
- Position the control arm into the frame brackets. Install bolts and nuts. Tighten to 102 Nm (75 ft. lbs.).
- Reposition the wheel speed wire into the retaining brackets.
- Insert ball joint in steering knuckle and tighten ball joint nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the support and lower vehicle.
- Perform a wheel alignment.