Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Raise and support vehicle.
- Remove wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the nut from upper ball joint.
Separate upper ball joint from the steering knuckle with a ball joint tool.
WARNINGWhen installing the tool to separate the ball joint, be careful not to damage the ball joint seal.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor wire from the retaining brackets to the upper control arm.
Remove the control arm pivot bolts and nuts and remove control arm.
- Position the control arm into the frame brackets. Install bolts and nuts. Tighten to 102 Nm (75 ft. lbs.).
- Reposition the wheel speed wire into the retaining brackets.
- Insert ball joint in steering knuckle and tighten ball joint nut to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the support and lower vehicle.
- Perform a wheel alignment.