- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Remove the fuel tank filler cap to release any fuel tank pressure.
- Remove the fuel pump relay from the power distribution center (PDC).
- Start and run the engine until it stops.
- Continue to restart the engine until it will not run.
- Turn the key to OFF .
Unplug the connector from any injector and connect a jumper wire from either injector terminal to the positive battery terminal. Connect another jumper wire to the other terminal and momentarily touch the other end to the negative battery terminal.
WARNINGJust touch the jumper to the battery. Powering the injector for more than a few seconds will permanently damage it.
- Place a rag below the quick-disconnect coupling at the fuel rail and disconnect it.